Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scarlet's Song

Broken wings
Can't break an angel smile.
Infinite possibility is just
playing peek-a-boo,
to those of us who
look through
love-colored glasses,
we see laughter flitting around
Capable, seeing eyes
Intermittenly hidden
By the gritty bars of
inaccessability. Of a
world with missconceptions
stamped in hard, unfittable
Molds...
Your beautiful breaks free
Surprising, like a firefly
lost in a blizzard
Shining bravely.
Reminding us that Spring
is the underdog
warming away the steely shell
of winter
one raindrop at a time,
Keeping her green hidden
until it is just the right hue.

So let me kiss
your sleeping eyes
Here in the silent
Eraser of night
Where peace softens over
the grimace of Childhood interupted.
Because kissing you
reminds me of when
You were first unwrapped
Wriggling flesh and voice strong
Gift from The Maker
Of good things.
Angel, you will fly
And I will stand to applaud you
Even as you sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Angela you inspire me to be better than I am! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela--absolutely beautiful--you are an amazing young woman and mother--
    an Inspiration to each one of us!

    ReplyDelete