Monday, August 23, 2010

What does it mean?

Last night I saw the rainbow video for the first time... I laughed and simultaneously asked "what is that guy on?" For those of you who haven't seen it, just youtube "rainbow" and you will run into it. Basically this guy finds a double rainbow in the sky and asks "what does this mean?" Check it out, you will laugh. I bring that up because I've had one of those days, except my thoughts are completely uninfluenced by barbiturates of any kind. Actually, a rainbow catching my attention, would have been a thousand times better! My musings came at the expending of a bird. I was minding my own business, pushing and pulling Scarlet through the Zehrs parking lot... (she takes a lot of influencing in the right direction) when something like a water balloon struck me in the head. Luckily, I had decided to wear my hat, because it was no water balloon. It was, well, a bird bomb, if you know what I mean. It was my favorite hat too. I don't know about you, but I figure a double rainbow in someones front yard happens probably about as frequently as being a bulls-eye for some bird's sick game. So, what does it mean? I leave that one to you.

I can't decide if I should also take the jittery librarians at the library as a sign. You know, today could just be a day of revelation. Like, maybe our family has a special aura to attract librarian concern...actually I know that to be true. It happens every time we go to the library as a family unit, well minus Paul, for some reason, he has a calming effect on the librarians. I don't know why the librarian shelving the books just to our left commented on the fragility of the windows in the castle reading area. I had my hand on Scarlet as she was climbing the chairs and leaning on the window. I was very purposefully taking up the slack, keeping her from thrusting her full weight against it. Well, maybe I could have looked a little distracted as I had Skye on my knee, my other hand wrapped around her holding a book and flipping the pages. I was reading a very engaging story about a mouse and his first day of school while trying to educate everyone on their colors and shapes. I might have shouted out that those graphic fiction novels didn't count as real books to Brynn. I thought I heard the librarian muttering something under her breath. At any rate, our family definitely creates an energetic nebulous in the library. I think this just means we are special, like prose in the rough just waiting to be interpreted. Yep, I should be smiling. I am smiling.

Another sign I am quite sure I have read accurately is the unmistakable parting of the bureaucratic sea of technicality. My speech path called to tell me that Scarlet's new high tech voice output device is in. She was shocked at how quickly it has come. Apparently they never come in this quickly. I told her about the power of prayer. This is a huge answer to prayer because we were going to potentially be without any voice output device as her current device goes back on the 31st of this month. Wouldn't you know that God had all that covered. I receive her new one on the 30th just in time for starting back into therapy on the 1st of September. Now THAT sign I can read without interpretation. Another one also appeared a few days ago. One of the many hoops we need to jump through in order to receive the funding for Scarlet is an intake exam at Kinark. We have an intake exam tomorrow... that is unheard of. She was able to take a cancellation so that we don't have to wait to get in for this intake process. All this means that September is looking like it is a go! So as for the "what does this mean" I am going to guess at the amazing goodness of a God that keeps me surprised...and perhaps has a sense of humour too...or maybe the hat wasn't so good on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment