Thursday, August 12, 2010

A bridge

"In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears." Psalm 18:6

"May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the Lord fulfill all your petitions! Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; he will answer him from his holy heaven with the saving might of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." Psalm 20:5-7

Some can say, "its just luck... great coincidence", but saying such a thing would be like marveling at the gully made by a sudden downpour of rain and attributing its cause to the whistling of a stranger the night before. God has moved the hearts of Kinark like the torrential rain carves its own path through sand and rock. Anyone who looks at this blog, must note the distant sound of thunder and the newly carved terrain that has emerged just two days after fervent prayers have been sent to heaven. God has heard from his holy temple and made way for Scarlet yet again.

You will note that my last blog entry mentioned the dilemma placed before us as to Scarlet's IBI provider now that she has been approval for funding from Kinark. You will also note the absolute refusal I was met with when asking for Scarlet to be granted an exception so that she could continue with S.T.E.P.S.,(the organization that has been so influential in establishing sign and the voice output device in Scarlet's routine. ) I prayed, some of you prayed, and I wrote an email to the lady in charge of the region in which Scarlet belongs. I had tried several phone calls to no avail, so resorted to email although I was unsure of the address. The email eventually made its way to the lady in charge and her response only two days later was... we take each case individually, so of course Scarlet can stay with S.T.E.P.S. and have the Clinician in charge which we previously refused to give to you. That's all, no fight on my part, no long drawn out battle, just... ok, sure, you can keep your provider. This happened last week and I have been crazy busy, so I haven't had a minute to post it. But now I must shout it!!!! I have been witness to the wonder of a storm, I have seen the sky grow black and felt the earth move to the strong arm of heaven and have cried aloud for deliverance. I have fallen asleep at the top of a gorge, unable to pass to the other side, only to find a bridge built in the night by fallen trees and as I walk across them, I notice the name Jehovah Jireh carved ornately over their trunks. Instead of walking across, I dance, because God has heard my cry and helped me...

No comments:

Post a Comment